Palmair® Louvers Hawaii
Welcome to our jalousie and window replacement site, featuring the Palmair® Louver Window.
If you would prefer a wider range, greater flexibility or a higher performing louver window, please visit the full Breezway website.
Palmair Louver Windows
The chances are that you have been putting up with stiff, broken, rusty, leaking jalousie windows for way too long. You could go back and buy the same old jalousie strip hardware and make do for a couple more years, however the Palmair Louver is a much better alternative.
- Palmair Louvers will not rust and seize up as the parts are made of aluminum, industrial grade UV stabilized plastic and stainless steel.
- Two choices of aluminum surface finish are available, either White powdercoat or clear anodizing to 15µm micron. The anodized finishes are ideal for coastal environments.
- The patented Palmair Louver was originally designed in New Zealand, so it is designed for harsh wet climates. Palmair Louvers will seal much better than your old metal jalousie window.
- Palmair Weatherstrip accessory should be used to maximize sealing. The Weatherstrip provides an essential seal to the glass blades in the head and sill of your window.
The Palmair Louver has an attractive, uncluttered design with a smooth operation and a compact appearance. Made with non-corrosive materials, including aluminum, stainless steel and UV-stabilized polypropylene and acetal plastic. This ensures a much longer life in a harsh climatic environment than the old steel louvers
The louvre channel is made from 6063-T5 extruded aluminium with a UV-stabilised acetal handle. The handle has been designed to spring back to its normal position, even when severely bent. The operating mechanism has passed a stringent 30,000 open and close cycle test.
Louvre Blade Clips
The blade holder design prevents easy removal of the blade when it’s in the locked position and also conceals all the fixing screws. The blade holders are made from high strength UV-stabilised polypropylene plastic which gives the clips flexibility without sacrificing your security.
The Weatherstip seals along the blade to prevent wind and water entering the home. Head and sill Weatherstrip are essential to ensure the highest weather resistance possible.
Palmair Louver Windows are available in 4” blade heights.
The length of the louver blade is typically based on the bay width required for the window application and any length restrictions to comply with Building Codes.
The Palmair Louver design has been optimised for 1/4″ thick glass or aluminum. The use of other thicknesses will compromise the performance of the product and are not warranted by Breezway.
White Powder Coat
Please Note: Powdercoated and plastic finishes may vary. The white powder coat color used in the Palmair product images has been slightly darkened for illustration purposes only.
|Palmair Louvers with W'strip (Standard Heights)*|
|No. of Blades||4"||6"|
Preparing for Palmair Louver Installation
Four steps on how to prepare for the installation of your new window.
Check your existing window frame is suitable
Please check the condition of your jalousie or window frame prior to installation to determine whether the frame needs replacing or repair.
Ensure frame is in good condition and finished with an appropriate paint or sealant.
Source your Palmair Louvre System Components
- Palmair Louver Gallery (see details below)
- Top/Bottom Weathersrip and Weatherstrip Insert
- Glass blades
- Fixing screws
A Top/Bottom Weatherstrip
B Weatherstrip Insert
C Louver Gallery
D Stainless Steel Phillips Pan Head Screws 8 Gauge x 1/2″ for Weatherstrip
E Supplied Stainless Steel Phillips Countersunk Screws 8 Gauge x 1 1/4″ for Palmair Louver Gallery
Palmair Louvre Galley
Palmair Louvers are available in standard size heights only. See size height chart in section above for more information. Choose the standard height that best suits your opening, remembering that these heights already allow 3/16″ for the Weatherstrip. Some adjustment to the opening height may be required to achieve the required height.
Measure the inside width of your frame to determine the size needed for your Palmair Weatherstrip. The aluminum Weatherstrip is the same length as your window opening width. You can allow the same length for the plastic insert, it will be trimmed down later.
Tempered glass is also available and is an important consideration in wet areas, near doorways, in high traffic areas or where the risk of a breakage is higher. Tempered glass is considerably stronger than normal annealed glass and if broken will shatter into smaller, safer pieces.
Louver window blade lengths are limited to 36″ by local building code regulations. For superior performance, we recommend a maximum blade length of 30″. If your opening is too wide you will need to add a mullion using good industry practice or consult a Breezway Window Dealer or building contractor.
Glass blade length = Inside opening width – 1 7/8″.
When installed, blades should have horizontally movement within the louver clip of up to 1/4″.
Weatherstrip requires the purchase of Stainless Steel Phillips Pan Head Screws #8 Gauge x ½”. The quantity required will vary depending on the width of your window opening. Weatherstrip is to have one fixing with 1 1/2” from each end and additional fixings at least every 8”. Please discuss the correct screw type for your application with the hardware store.
Remove old windows
Remove the old jalousie glass blades, jalousie strip hardware and original framing system (if required) from your window area and prepare the opening for your new Palmair Louver Set to be installed.
Make sure the new or existing frame installed into the window area sits plumb and square in the area and has been pre-finished before installation of the Palmair Louver Set.
Installing the Palmair Louvre System into your opening
Warranty & Care
Breezway North America, Inc. (“Breezway”) guarantees to the original commercial purchaser (“Purchaser”) of Breezway and Palmair Louver Windows (“product”) that Breezway will, at Breezway’s option, either repair or replace the product that is found to be defective in workmanship or materials during the seven (7)-year warranty period (“Warranty Period”) which starts from the date of purchase of the product (“Start Date”) and expires seven (7) years after the Start Date, subject to the conditions and exclusions contained in this warranty. The following conditions and exclusions apply.
- a) The product has been maintained according to industry and Breezway Louver Windows recommendations. Please see the Breezway Care and Maintenance instructions at Breezway’s Palamir Louver website at www.palmairlouvres.com
- b) This warranty does not cover damage or defects in the product relating to misuse, physical abuse, neglect, broken glass, alterations (including, but not limited to, customer-applied finishes), minor imperfections in glass that do not affect the products structural integrity or significantly obscure vision, normal wear and tear (including, but not limited to, discoloration), acts of nature (including, but not limited to, fire, hurricane, flooding), condensation (moisture or ice forming on the surface of the glass or frame) or damage as a result of condensation (except where such condensation or damage is caused by failure of the product), improper storage, improper handling, improper installation or failure to properly care for and maintain the product.
- c) Manufacturing standards and tolerances are not deemed defects, nor are industry variations in color of aluminium, plastic and wood componentry.
- d) Moving parts, which wear out as part of normal use, are guaranteed for three (3) years starting from the Start Date. All electrical components are guaranteed for a period of one (1) year starting from the Start Date. Screen products are warranted for one (1) year starting from the Start Date.
- e) This warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of the faulty product at the company’s discretion, but does not extend to the installation or refinishing of a replacement product. Breezway reserves the right to modify or discontinue any product. For the repair or replacement of a modified or discontinued product, Breezway will have the right to substitute the current product and components of equal quality and as similar in appearance as possible. Breezway will not be obligated to replace a discontinued product and component for which no similar alternatives are available. If Breezway determines that repair or replacement is not commercially practical or cannot be timely made, then Breezway will refund the purchase price.
- f) Only repairs carried out by Breezway personnel or authorised agents are covered by this warranty.
- g) Claims under this warranty should be made within one month of the defect arising in the product. Copies of documentation showing the purchase date of the product and this warranty should be included with your written claim and forwarded to your builder or window dealer. Please sign, date and keep this warranty in your files.
- h) There is no liability for defects or damage caused by the effects of air pollution, mildew, exposure to harmful chemicals or normal weathering caused by exposure to the elements. Normal weathering is defined as exposure to sunlight and extremes of weather and atmosphere that will cause any colored surface to gradually fade, chalk or accumulate dirt or stains. The severity of any conditions depends on the cleanliness of the air in the area and many other local influences over which Breezway has no control. Breezway shall have sole discretion to determine whether the product has experienced normal weathering.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY: The foregoing remedies are the exclusive remedies for breach of warranty. Except for the express warranty contained herein, Breezway extends no other warranties, whether express, implied or statutory, and Breezway expressly disclaims the implied warranty of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
LIMITATION OF REMEDIES: In no event will Breezway be liable for incidental, indirect, special or consequential damages, whether based on breach of express or implied warranty, breach of contract, negligence, strict liability or any other legal theory. Such damages include, but are not limited to, lost profits, loss of use, claims of third parties and property damage. This warranty shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Hawaii.
Please download a copy of the Palmair Warranty here.
Maintaining Aluminum Finishes
Regular maintenance of the surface finish will be necessary to reduce the rate of weathering. The frequency of cleaning will depend on the environmental conditions, but as a guide should be done at 3 monthly intervals, or more frequently in aggressive coastal or industrial environments.
- Remove loose deposits by gently brushing or hosing.
- Clean using a sponge or soft brush and warm water with a mild detergent. Avoid cleaning agents with a caustic base, abrasive materials or harsh chemicals.
- Rinse with clean water.
- Dry with a chamois (optional).
- Apply a ‘non-abrasive’ car polish to maintain the lustre of the finish (optional).
For best results glass blades should be regularly cleaned with mild, non-abrasive detergents.
It is recommended that inspection be carried out at the time of installation and then at yearly intervals. This may be required more frequently depending upon the variation of location, and environmental conditions.
Inspection and checks
- Inspect all fittings and screw fixings for firmness.
- Check the louver clips for any degradation over time.
- Check that the blade is firmly and safely positioned in the clips.
- Ensure all louver blades operate freely.
- Ensure that seals are in place and clean.
All internal louver operating mechanisms are pre-lubricated, prior to assembly, with a clear lubricant where required. Under normal conditions this will be satisfactory for the life of the window.
Please download a copy of the Palmair Care & Maintenance here.
Hawaii Where to Buy
30 Kihapai Street
Kailua, HI 96734
Tel: +808 266 1133
704 Mapunapuna Street
Honolulu, HI 96819
Tel: +808 831 3100
3465 Waikomo Road
Koloa, HI 96756
Tel: +808 742 9577
110 U’u Place
Kapolei, HI 96707
Tel: +808 674 3430
75-5677 Hale Kapili Street
Tel: +808 331 3470
411 Pacific Street
Tel: +808 528 9370
270 Dairy Road,
Tel: +808 873 0383
94-805 Lumiaina Street
Waipahu, HI 96797
Tel: +808 676 8381
Office, Showroom and Manufacturing
94-533 Puahi Street
Waipahu, HI 96797
Tel: +808 676 0529
Please do not hesitate to ask any questions relating to our Palmair Louver products. Simply fill in the form and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours (work days).
To subscribe to our other products and receive notifications about updates and news, then please visit our main site, www.breezway.com/contact